Al is joined by long time listener favorites Dr. Frank Clayton and Dr. Melissa Zettler for a talk about regrets. Between the three of them they've had 72+ years of experiences of dentists and practice owners. Al asks the question: what do you wish you had done better? What regrets do you have? And man did this Group Function come through!
- Start saving EARLY! (no, even earlier)
- Avoid buying stuff on payments
- Use your student loan money wisely
- Buy used cars
- Not letting employees go sooner
- Take more time off...being away from the office is NOT the same as "losing money." Not even close.
- Take CE, but don't be in a rush.
- Choose CE early that can pay off over a longer career.
- Get to a point where you don't care if the patient follows through with care.
- Lay the patient back far enough. The patient is only there for an hour. You're there ever day.
- Orthodontics is a great choice for a lot more patients than dental school ever taught you.
- Make connections with honest colleagues...find people to give honest feedback
Go join the Very Dental Facebook group (use password: Timmerman) to talk with the group about this episode or anything else! You can email Al at firstname.lastname@example.org!