Dr. Mark Whitefield joins Alan for a rousing discussion of how implants can change everything for the general dentist. Mark is a fourth generation dentist from Nashville who admits to being obsessed with dental implants!
- Mark talks about being accredited in both the AACD and AAID and how that's made him a better dentist.
- Mark graduated in the mid 90's during the big cosmetic boom but switched his focus to dental implants in the early 2000's.
- What I noticed about Mark is that his mindset is that dental implants can be for anyone. Not just high end/wealthy patients.
- Mark hates removable! He tries to get edentulous patients back to TRUE FIXED! (particularly in the mandible)
- Cost effective fixed implant restorations are within reach!
- What keeps dentists from getting into implants?
- Keeping implants in house
- Can a person who fears surgery become a surgeon?
- Young dentists aren't afraid of anything and they have a ton of debt!
- Removing barriers to implant treatment
- Mark explains that dental benefits actually cover a lot of implant services
- The solution for implant education is mentorship!
Some links from the show:
Mark's implant marketing service, Implant Evolution