Dr. Vince Buscemi is a dentist and podcaster from Michigan. He does his podcast with a partner, Dr. Jessical Gaul and it is called "ToothFaced the Podcast." You can find the podcast on Youtube and Spotify and it's a great listen! Vince has what most would consider a "dream practice" in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan!
Vince and Al had a chance to talk about a variety of topics and the conversation went in an interesting direction. Poor Vince barely got a word in edgewise...sorry Vince! Some of the topics they covered:
- Why start a podcast? Who is the audience?
- Vince records live in his office!
- People have weird emotions about consult rooms.
- Vince misses the "Alan Mead Experience" podcast!
- How Al started telling his story publicly
- Vince's practice is completely FFS/insurance free in Bloomfield Hills! (Bloomfield Hills is a very wealthy Detroit suburb)
- You might think you want a practice like Vince's, but there are downsides!
- How do you tell weathy/important people "no" when they're used to hearing "yes?"
- Vince sends much specialty work out because his patients know that they'll pay for "the best."
- Vince was "sink or swim" in his current practice...the guy he bought from was gone in 3 days!
- Vedder Society meeting is September 23-25th in Bellaire, MI!
- Paperclip turns
- Northern Michigan vs. Southeastern Michigan
- Al brought a laptop to class in dental school in the mid 1990's
- Dental school requirements in the COVID era
- Al's implicit bias course gripes
Join the Very Dental Facebook group using the password "Timmerman," Hornbrook" or "McWethy."
If you'd like to support the Very Dental Podcast Network then you should support our sponsors!
Cosmedent has an amazing fall line up of continuing education! Coming up on September 22nd through the 23rd is our friend Dr. Artie Volker teaching “Composite Power 101!” Dr. Corky Willhite is offering his legendary “Ultimate Esthetics” course! Both courses have lots of hands on exercises and as always they’re limited to 15 people which guarantees lots of individual time with instructors! Don’t miss your chance to learn in the greatest classroom in dentistry with some legendary instructors using the best of materials! Go check it out at verydentalpodcast.com/CEE!
Our friends at CAD-Ray want you to know that there has never been a better time to get into intraoral scanning! They sell and support all kinds of digital dentistry products from scanners, to printers and even cloud based software! For instance, the Medit i600 itraoral scanner is priced at just about $13,000! And if you didn’t know, CAD-Ray now distributes 3Shape scanners and the amazing Trios 4 wireless just had a $10,000 price cut! It comes in under $25,000. And all these options come with CAD-Ray’s unbeatable support! Go check it out at verydentalpodcast.com/cadray!
If there is one thing that’s changed the way I look at teeth the most, it’s probably the headlight I use with my loupes. Our friends at Enova make amazing loupes and distribute Zumax dental microscopes, both the best you can buy. But the amazing, weightless and cordless Qubit, Quasar or Quantum headlights (all others are just toys) are the biggest game changer. But be careful…if you try one, you’re going to buy one! Why haven’t you checked out Enova Illumination yet? You can get a killer deal on all things Enova by using the Very Dental link you’ll find at verydentalpodcast.com/Enova!
Have you been looking at your supply bill lately? Prices are REALLY going up on all the things you use every day in your office. Our friends at Crazy Dental understand and are here to help! Very Dental listeners can get 10% off their orders from Crazy Dental by using coupon code “VERYDENTAL10”! Go check out their amazing catalog and save yourself 10% off of their already amazing prices at verydentalpodcast.com/crazy!
If you’re looking for a one stop dental marketing solution, then look no further than the Wonderist Agency. Wonderist can help you with branding and a killer website. They’ll design ad campaigns no matter how you want to get your name out there. But maybe most importantly, they’ll show you how your marketing plan is working! They have industry leading analytics that help you understand what works and what doesn’t in your area and they’ll help you spend your marketing dollar in the wisest way possible! Go check out the Wonderist Agency at verydentalpodcast.com/Wonderist!