Alan is joined by Dr. Gina Dorfman and Zak Allmand to talk about dentists with side gigs!
Gina created YAPI which allows dentists to be paperless, allows offices to communicate within the offices as well as with patients (texting, reminders, etc.), get patient reviews as well as online appointments! YAPI does everything you wish you practice management software would do!
Zak started Apex Payment Solutions, a company that helps dentists take credit card payments. According to Zak, most credit card payment companies are "shady af." Apex helps dentists get better deals on taking payments!
The conversation was really interesting because we dove into side gigs for dentists:
- A great dental side gig comes from solving a problem that dentists are having (paperless solutions, credit card payment rip offs, no podcast that I wanted to listen to)
- Zak is a Viking, hates the dental tax
- The side gig is often "the next adventure"
- Idea people need help executing their ideas
- Side gigs are often not tied to a specific place, unlike practicing dentistry
- Abundance = not caring what the patient does after you've explained the options
- The dream isn't always to build something big enough to sell out. We'll always need the next adventure.
- Should new dentists be looking for side gigs? (spoiler: no)
You should join the Very Dental Facebook group (password: Timmerman)! Great conversations and way less dumpster fires!
Would you like to support the podcast? Then you should take a look at our sponsors!
- The Very Dental podcast is brought to you by the Wonderist agency. The best marketing agency to build your website, logo, SEO, design, Google Ads, social media and on. And on. Marketing your dental office...the Wonderist Agency can help! Find out more at wonderistagency.com!
- Very Dental is also brought to you by our friends at Microcopy Dental. Single patient use carbide burs, diamond burs, polishers and a variety of single use products that make your office more efficient, make your infection control simpler and your dentistry better! Find more information at microcopydental.com!
- The Very Dental Podcast network is supported by Crazy Dental! Go check out some of the best selection of dental supplies powered by an amazing website! If Crazy Dental doesn't have it, you probably don't need it! Plus, you can use the coupon code "VDP10" to get another 10% off their already amazing prices and it helps support the podcast! Go check them out at www.crazydentalprices.com!
- Very Dental is also supported by Enova Illumination! Enova makes custom made loupes and the very best headlamps in all of dentistry. They also sell the amazing Zumax line of dental microscopes (I've got one in my office...it's amazing!) Go take advantage of the discount that they offer Very Dental people at https://bit.ly/3cSvfta.